Garmin Express is an application that is designed to manage your Garmin devices. The application gives you desktop notifications whenever new updates so that you can install all the updates immediately. Also, you can save your preferred maps in the application and them transfer on your Garmin device. Hence to install all the updates, you need to download Garmin Express from the official website.
Garmin Update Procedure
Hence, for Garmin Update, follow the step-by-step procedure that is given below carefully:
- First of all, go to Garmin.com/express by typing it in the address bar.
- Next, it will show you the software Download window. Click on “Download for Mac” or “Download for Windows” tab according to your operating system for downloading the software.
- Once the file gets installed, double-click the click the file.
- When the installation window appears, click on the Install button for installing the file.
- Once the software gets installed successfully, click on the Get Started tab to open the application.
- In the next window, click on Add a Device tab for Garmin Update.
- Now, attach a USB cable from your Garmin device to the computer. Make sure that the cable is properly inserted.
- When the Device Found window appears on your screen, click on the Add Device button which is given below your product name.
- In the next screen, you will be asked to sign in to your account for completing the process of the Garmin update. For that, follow the below-given steps:
- Click on the Sign In button. Type your email address and password into their respective fields that are linked with your Garmin account. Then click Sign In.
- If you have not created your account before, click on the “Create an account” tab. Then, follow the instructions displayed on your screen for account creation.
- In the next window of “Settings” enter your device nickname and then click on the “Next” button.
- Now set up a Wi-Fi network to upload your data to Garmin Connect. Your device will sync automatically when in range of your network. You can also click on the “Find Networks” tab and then follow the on-screen instructions to establish a successful network connection.
- Afterward, it will start searching for the updates. Click on the “Install All” button to install all the latest updates. Otherwise, you can click on the view details link to see all the software and map updates separately.
- It will show you a list of all the available updates. Now, select your preferred update that you want to install from the list. Then, click on the Install button which is located next to your selected update.
- In the next window, read all the terms and conditions of the License agreements carefully. To continue with the installation of the updates, you must agree to all the terms, otherwise, it will cancel the installation process.
- Hence, for Garmin update, click on the Accept button which is positioned at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Now it will start installing all the updates. Software updates will be installed first. After the software updates are completed, map updates will begin.
- As the installation process may take a few minutes so you need to wait for its completion. Make sure that you do not Unplug your device or turn off your system in between the installation process.
- Once the installation process is over, the “Updates Complete” window will appear on your screen. You can view all the installed updates by clicking on the Check for Updates tab. This completes the process of “Garmin Update”.
- Now, close the Garmin Express application and unplug your device.
This way you can install all the latest software and map updates from Garmin Express.